L's Reviews > Divine Justice

Divine Justice by David Baldacci

Nov 25, 08

bookshelves: thriller-action-mystery
Recommended for: fans of edge of your seat thrillers
Read in November, 2008

I recieved this as one of the Goodreads giveaways and realized it is part of a series. I hope I can get into the story without first reading the others.
* * *
The basis of the story (which I gather I missed in the previous books)is that Oliver Stone/John Carr is an ex-CIA assasin whose wife and daughter are killed. The last person you would want to anger in this way is a trained killer. So in this book you get the unique perspective from the mind of the killer, and the thrill of seeing political corruption at its worst being avenged by this unlikely hero.
By reading this book I have managed to become addicted to yet another series for which I will now have to go back and read the previous books.
This is a political thriller, but it succeeds in keeping even the most reluctant reader of that sort of book (namely me) entranced by the story, and caring about what happens in the lives of the characters.
The twists, though you think you see them coming, will stun you.This was the best political thriller I have ever read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine Justice.

11/20/2008 page 70