Liisa's Reviews > A Perfect Evil

A Perfect Evil by Alex Kava

Dec 18, 08

bookshelves: from-the-library, thriller-mysteries-and-crime, trilogies-and-series
Recommended for: fans of thrillers
Read in December, 2008

The first in the Maggie O'Dell series, "A Perfect Evil" by Alex Kava was .... thrilling.

Already a fan of the genre, I found "A Perfect Evil" packed a suckerpunch as it seemed all the more brutal, evil and graphic than most crime thriller novels. Perhaps it was the fact it told a tale of a serial killer who targets and attacks young children. Either way I found myself flinching during the first part of the book. What great writing!

There were so many things I liked about "A Perfect Evil". The (majority of) characters were instantly likeable and easy to relate to and I particularly liked Maggie O'Dell (the FBI Profiler) and Nick Morelli (the County Sheriff). I also like how the story was told in really small bite-size chunks (chapters often spanning a page or two) as it made the story easy to dip in and out of but also kept it fresh and ever-changing as when you finished one chapter, you were often taken in a completely different direction. And that is another one of the beauties of "A Perfect Evil" - the twists and turns. Like most fans of crime thrillers, I always try and see where the book is going and this kept me guessing.

Entertaining, thrilling and a good read!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Evil.

12/16/2008 page 72

message 1: by Cher (new) - added it

Cher Cant wait to read this one!