Abby's Reviews > Warm Bodies

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

Nov 28, 12

Read from October 03 to November 28, 2012

I cannot wait for the movie!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warm Bodies.

Quotes Abby Liked

Isaac Marion
“You should always be taking pictures, if not with a camera then with your mind. Memories you capture on purpose are always more vivid than the ones you pick up by accident.”

Isaac Marion
“In my mind I am eloquent; I can climb intricate scaffolds of words to reach the highest cathedral ceilings and paint my thoughts. But when I open my mouth, everything collapses.”

Isaac Marion
“My friend "M" says the irony of being a zombie is that everything is funny, but you can't smile, because your lips have rotted off.”

Isaac Marion
“What wonderful thing didn't start out scary?”

Isaac Marion
“We are where we are, however we got here. What matters is where we go next.”

Isaac Marion
“Once you've arrived at the end of the world, it hardly matters which route you took.”

Isaac Marion
“I can feel it... the chance to start over, to live right, to love right, to burn up in a fiery cloud and never again be buried in the mud.”

Isaac Marion
“What a massive responsibility, being a moral creature”

Isaac Marion
“What's the point of trying to fix a world we're so briefly in?”

Isaac Marion
“I crush her against me. I want to be part of her. Not just inside her but all around her. I want our rib cages to crack open and our hearts to migrate and merge. I want our cells to braid together like living thread.”

Isaac Marion
“There is a chasm between me and the world outside of me. A gap so wide my feelings can't cross it. By the time my screams reach the other side, they have dwindled into groans.”

Isaac Marion
“We have big plans. Oh yes. We're fumbling in the dark, but at least we're in motion. Everyone is working now; Julie and I are just pausing for a moment to enjoy the view, because it's a beautiful day. The sky is blue. The grass is green. The sun is warm on our skin. We smile, because this is how we save the world. We will not let Earth become a tomb, a mass grave spinning through space. We will exhume ourselves. We will fight the curse and break it. We will cry and bleed and lust and love, and we will cure death. We will be the cure. Because we want it.”