Cassandra's Reviews > Laney

Laney by Joann I. Martin Sowles

Jul 15, 12

I really enjoyed Laney. The first few chapters reminded me of Twilight and my first thought was it was going to be a lot like Twilight but it quickly turned into its own story.
I really like the mythology Joann used for her vampires. They are different from the majority of vampires out there. I also found myself giggling throughout the novel (the boyfriend looked at me funny many times) with Joann humorous writing. I enjoy the Twilight joke that Joann included in a effective way.
I finished this novel in one sitting I couldn’t put it down I needed to find out what was going to happen between Laney and Oliver. Oliver has been crowned the new “it” vampire. Edward please step down you have been over thrown. Oliver’s character is way more complex than Edward and he doesn’t look at Laney like he wants to eat her up. He only looks at her in his lovey dovey way. If Laney and Oliver were a real life people you would want to throw stuff at them and tell them to get a room their love for each other is so strong. Personally I’m jealous of it.
Laney is a great first novel to start the series. I can’t wait for the next instalment. I have soo many questions that need answering!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Laney.