Kele Moon's Reviews > On the Island

On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves

Jul 15, 2012

bookshelves: m-f
Read in July, 2012

I like books that explore unconventional romances. . . Maybe because I know they're more challenging to make me believe it and I love seeing an author pull it off. . . Maybe I'm just an outside the box kinda gal. ..

Whatever the reason--I read the blurb for this and said, "OH! I'm so reading that!!"

And I'm totally pleased to announce that this author absolutely pulled this romance off! I read most of it in one sitting! I love everything about this story! The writing style is easy to read and the characters are compelling!!

I've rec'd this to several friends and they've all enjoyed it!!

LOVED IT!
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Island.

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina Christopher Really? I read the back and was a little creeped out with the main character being 16. I don't mind unconventional stories, but it felt a little wrong with him being so young;). It doesn't come through?

Kele Moon I'll admit. . . Out of all unconventional romances older woman/younger man is my very least favorite, but i'd read the reviews and other themes like being trapped on an island compelled me to buy it and a lot of it was probably me wanted to see if she could pull off this very difficult love story and make me believe in it. . .

In the setting. . . It worked. . . It really did! One of my other friends actually hates reading stories with younger men (even if they're with younger girls. . . like first time love stories, YA, etc. . . ) but I told her about it and she tried it and she even liked it! Which surprised me!

And not to spoil anything. . . but he's 16 when the plane crashes. . . but he's much older when the romance develops.

message 3: by Tina (new)

Tina Christopher Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't sure how old he was when the romance develops, so knowing they've been stranded there for some time makes it definitely better. I don't mind a fab cougar story, but knowing the maturity level of 16 year old boys I wasn't too keen;).

Kele Moon No prob! He's over 18 by the time the romance develops. . . Which I had read in a review. . . otherwise I may not have bought it either :D