Stephanie Collins's Reviews > The Ravenous Dead

The Ravenous Dead by Natasha Hoar

F 50x66
Jul 15, 12

I'm going to have to go back and read the first book. I enjoyed it but I did feel a little lost with the world. Hopefully reading the first one will pull it in to perspective.

Even with this minor issue I found I enjoyed the book.

Rachel is a rescue medium and a very capable woman. She kicks ass and has a heart. She is working on training Kit, a half-human/half rodach (wraith) and making sure he is capable of living in his new reality. The first book in this series is supposed to show how they met one another and my guess is helps you understand more of this world.

There are a few murders in the beginning of this book and Rachel is called in because it appears they have a reaper on the loose. She meets a mysterious man named Luke and then heads on to banish the reaper once his identity is revealed.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the 3 of them and wondering if the relationship between Kit and Rachel will become something more than mentor/student.

Solid quick read and worth a try. I think you might want to read the first one then this...

Special thanks to netgalley.com and Carina Press for giving me the chance to read this in exchange for my honest review.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ravenous Dead.