Fallon's Reviews > City of Bones

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Jul 17, 12

bookshelves: kindle, young-adult, fantasy, magic, vampire, werewolves
Read from July 15 to 17, 2012

It took me a while to get into this story, mostly because I had already heard SOOOO much about this story and the upcoming movie that it was just harder for me to jump into everything. I did eventually though, the world is lush and fun and dramatic. I am starting to see why this young girls are all Jace crazy, he's kind of a bad boy, but on the good side. I did like the characters I really liked Alec, even though I don't think you're supposed to be a big fan at this point. I think Clary is a bit annoying and daft, at least in the beginning, she is on a mission to save lives and kick butt, without learning really how to kick butt, but then again she doesn't do must of the kicking...Anyway, yes characters were done pretty well, the pacing was great, and I liked the Mythos developed in the world, and I can't wait to read more about The City of Glass. I liked the Silent Brotherhood, they were creepy but not in a bad way, I don't actually think that anything was terrifying or suspenseful, but it was written well. Ok, I know that I just said the world was great, and it is, but there is still not much explanation of how things are or were. I honestly feel like we are supposed to know as much as Clary or Simon, and we'll learn as we go. Oh my there was one big thing I didn't like a plot device that they gave away in the first few chapters and I was like, yep already know where this is going. Of course most young adults are predictable in a lot of ways, but there were still a few surprises, and there was a lot of humor thrown in which made reading this story much more enjoyable. Oh the Luke and Leia moment in the book as grossed me out... I've order book number two already, so maybe I'll have the whole of the published series finished prior to the movie release.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Bones.