Suzanne's Reviews > Into the Darkest Corner

Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes

F 50x66
Jul 15, 2012

Read in June, 2012

This is a psychological thriller about a young woman, Catherine, who meets the man of her dreams and becomes his victim of subtle to severe mental and physical abuse. This is a dark and scary story that I could not put down as this is the man we pray our daughters will never meet. When we meet Catherine, her ex boyfriend is in prison and she has moved to a new city and is dealing with OCD to the extreme due to the abuse. She lives in constant fear and visualizing how this horrific relationship has continued to imprison her is devastating. But she takes her life back and you will find yourself cheering for her as she does.
I did not care for how the author flipped back and forth between the present and the past but I cannot say I had problems following it. Also, I suspect recovering from OCD of this magnitude would take years of therapy instead of weeks but it worked for the storyline so I won't complain.
This is a dark and disturbing book and probably not for the reader that likes lighter romantic thrillers but I recommend it and I'll read whatever else Elizabeth Haynes writes in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Darkest Corner.