Hsiau Wei's Reviews > Midnight Promises

Midnight Promises by Sherryl Woods

Jul 19, 12

bookshelves: for-review, books-read-in-2012
Read from July 15 to 17, 2012

This book is the 8th book in the Sweet Magnolias series and tell the story of Karen and Elliott after their
marriage. I have not read the earlier book about the courtship between them and it was not a hindrance for me to
be sucked into the story aftermath of their wedding. Karen, given her previous marriage to her ex, is very cautious
and non risk taker when comes to their financial and when she gets to know that Elliott is considering to venture into partnership with his friends to open a gym coupled with his intention to use their Baby's fund at that,she have her doubts over her relationship with her Elliott. The constant doubts in Elliott have becomes a threat to their marriage and the crack between them begin to show.

Although i would understand the reason for karen to be so insecure and the fact that she questioned Elliott's intention almost every step in the decision he took, i was becoming rather annoyed because of her lack of confidence in Elliott and it is rather not fair for Elliott to be compared against a scoundrel as in her ex husband. For me,she should be thanksful and being grateful that she have such an understand husband to deal with all her insecurity. This author bought into the surface the doubts in a marriage and the way one should deal with it effectively. I really like the solution or rather the way both Karen and Elliott compromise in the end over their differences. It is so realistic just by reading them ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Promises.