Chloe Sanders's Reviews > Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock

Jul 15, 12

bookshelves: eng-356-5-8-2012
Read in May, 2012

I liked Dairy Queen a lot more than I expected. The title made me a little apprehensive, I'm not gonna lie. I judged this book solely by the title and cover. I though it was going to be some "fluffy" (after this class I will never call Young Adult literature fluffy) girly love story. Which it sort of was; but it definitely had more depth than I was expecting. I loved the differences between Dj and Brian. This book is very accurate in describing the complicated relationships teenagers have growing up, whether with best friends, potential boyfriends, and family members. The thing I took away from this book most was the importance of communication. Not just communication, but good communication. I saw myself reflected in Dj more than I wanted to admit. When I finished reading this book, I actually had a talk with my best friend about somethings that had been building up over the past few months. As much as I hate to admit it, I benefited from reading Dairy Queen in ways that I could never had expected by looking at the cover.

Language: Some, if I remember correctly. Nothing that bad.

Sex: No sex. But there are teenagers in this book that think about sex and running around in nothing but a sports bra.

Violence: none.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dairy Queen.