Christie's Reviews > I Hunt Killers

I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga

Jul 15, 12

Read in June, 2012

Seventeen year old Jazz was raised by his serial killer father who taught him the skills of his obsession. After his father is apprehended, Jazz must learn to fight his instincts and practice good vs. evil. With the skills that he learned growing up, Jazz begins to crack the clues in a new serial killer case that just so happens to remind him of “Dear Old Dad.”
Lyga, as always, demonstrates great writing style in this thriller and the plot flows smoothly throughout the book all the way up to the unexpected twist at the end. With each chapter, the anticipation builds making it impossible to put the book down. Reminiscent of Dexter, “I Hunt Killers” really explores what it means to have a dark side and how hard it can be to turn your back on it.
Interspersed throughout the plot are flashbacks of Jazz’s childhood and many of the scenes are quite graphic and disturbing. Jazz is an intriguing character and Lyga takes a deep look at the effects of his childhood on the man he becomes. Mystery lovers, crime scene enthusiasts, and horror fans will love this book and will be left begging for a sequel. Due to the nature of some of the crime scenes, this book is recommended for mature audiences in grades 11 and up.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Hunt Killers.