Pavithra Mahendran's Reviews > Breathe

Breathe by Abbi Glines

Jul 15, 12

bookshelves: dumbest-books-ever, ehh-coudn-t-finish
Read in July, 2012

Okay, so I haven't actually finished this book but I'm rating it and giving it a review because I don't want to accidentally read this book again, because I'm pretty sure my brain will erase this book from my mind to protect me. The summary wasn't bad and it actually had the potential to be a good romance novel.. and I love me a good love story! BUT... It was just so saccharine sweet, I almost gagged. I mean what teenage rock star goes around saying " When you're off the clock, you're not my employee.You're my air." *Blurgh*

And I just could not the way of speech with that that of teenagers. It was just way too formal and old-fashioned. I couldn't make myself like any of the characters, What'shername is tall, blonde and beautiful but apparently doesn't know it even though practically every guy in the book hits on her atleast once! And Jax.. the dude takes every chance to show just how famous he is by pointing out pictures or magazines of him but also wants her to believe how tormented he is that he cant have a normal life..

Sheesh what a waste of my time. I kept telling myself I cant leave a book unfinished but every sentence i read made me wanna flush this book down a toilet. If it hadn't ben an e-book, that's just what I would have done!!

So anyway, the writing was too formal, the conversations and storyline were too cliched and the characters had as much personality as a bucket of dirty water! Please never vote for this book if you see it on a list of 'Best young adult romance' and don't get fooled like me into reading it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breathe.