Michelle's Reviews > Blameless

Blameless by Gail Carriger

Jul 22, 12

bookshelves: five-star-reads, 2012-reads
Read from July 15 to 21, 2012

Well, the ever-practical Alexia is back at it again in this third book in the Parasol Protectorate series. Book three picks up immediately where number two left of, and even though it ends with a lot of cliffhangers, the most important question that had been plaguing me was answered.

To me, this book moved much more quickly than the previous one, yet I followed the plot more easily. My favorite character, Lord Akeldama, was not in the book very much; however, I expect he and his prized drone Biffy will play a major part in book number four. I also liked the way that Alexia grew to make peace with her situation. The inscrutable Floote was, as always, hilarious. I love how the author hinted at his mysterious past.

Blameless is actually quite a dark book. Some of themes are quite horrific (such as a 'breeding program' for immortals). However, Carriger's quirky humor goes a long ways to light up those scary places.

I'm definitely eager to begin the fourth book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blameless.

07/15/2012 "The cliffhanger from #2 killed me!! I must find out what happens!!"
07/16/2012
20.0% "Forget what I said before about liking Lord Maccon. I hate him now! Hate him, hate him, hate him!" 2 comments
07/21/2012
75.0% "Okay, Lord Maccon, you're no longer in my bad book. Still, you have some 'splaining to do to Alexia."
show 3 hidden updates…