Stephen's Reviews > Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 by Kiyohiko Azuma

M_50x66
Jul 15, 12

Read in July, 2012

Wow, very bizarre. This episodic manga is about a young girl - Yotsuba - moving to a new town with her Dad, and meeting the family of a mother and three daughters that lives next door. Somehow the endearingly obnoxious Yotsuba charms her neighbours more than she annoys, and miraculously has the same effect on this reader too. I'm not sure why this is so appealing - the stories are very episodic and really pretty slight with little true plot development over this volume. But the depiction of Yotsuba, with her confusion and capriciousness and curiosity is really entertaining and endearing.

I'm not giving it a rating as I wouldn't know whether to give it 2 stars for being so slight or 5 stars for being so well done.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (new)

Simon Wigzell Read a few more volumes and hopefully it'll be the 5 star option :-)

I think Yotsuba&! Is the best manga being created at the moment, but your mileage may vary.

message 2: by Stephen (new) - added it

Stephen Simon wrote: "Read a few more volumes and hopefully it'll be the 5 star option :-)

I've ordered more! It is just really enjoyable. I'll be interested to see how it develops in the later volumes.