Adrian Mojica's Reviews > Tender Is the Night

Tender Is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald

M 50x66
Jul 15, 12

Read on July 15, 2012

Who could paint a more complete portrait of love, with it's bright reds, and deep blues as F. Scott Fitzgerald:

"Dick’s discovery that he was not in love with her, nor she with him, had added to rather than diminished his passion for her. Now that he knew he would not enter further into her life, she became the strange woman for him. He supposed many men meant no more than that when they said they were in love—not a wild submergence of soul, a dipping of all colors into an obscuring dye, such as his love for Nicole had been. Certain thoughts about Nicole, that she should die, sink into mental darkness, love another man, made him physically sick."

A masterpiece. I had given this book a false start last fall, as the characters and lifestyle made me gag. However, once I gave it another chance this summer, I couldn't put it down. It's a tough read as the book delves into some very dark themes. Fitzgerald poured his soul into this one, and it resonates in the many truths within the pages.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tender Is the Night.