Phyllis's Reviews > Vampire Dreams Revamped

Vampire Dreams Revamped by Gabrielle Bisset

Mar 04, 13

Read in July, 2012

Sensual meets Hopeless Romantic-Best Part, he's a Vampire!

'Vampire Dreams Revamped" was my introduction into the world of Gabrielle Bisset's "Sons of Navarus" vampires and I must say, it did not disappoint. From the very first sentence, I was enthralled, and drawn in by the events unfolding before me. I wanted to know what was going to happen, how our hero Brandon Ridley was going to get his HEA and who would be the lucky girl. Brandon, now here is a hero who will make you swoon. He is at once the darkly seductive vampire and sweetly romantic gentleman rolled into one sexy package. He longs for a woman to share his very lonely life with, one who will love him in return. The problem is, his hedonistic sire, Vasilije, has refused all his previous requests and without his approval, Brandon can't ease his emptiness.

Enter Arden Stephens, our beautiful, intelligent, homeless heroine. She has lost her parents and is alone in the world, living on the streets and trying to stay alive. This particular night, she is running for her life to escape a would be attacker, when she runs into the muscular chest of Brandon. Seeking his help to escape the villian she pleads with him to save her, which he does. Just not in the way she expected. Talk about erotic! Nope, not going to give this part away. You just have to read it, but I will tell you it sizzles!

After the saving, Brandon offers Arden a position in his home as his personal maid, which she is happy to accept as it gives her a roof over her head and an opportunity to get her life back. Without question, their attraction is pure heat, and Brandon is determined to keep her forever. But his desire is for Arden to choose him, not be forced into anything. With this in mind, he sets about his nightly seduction of her.

I must also add that though this is a short shory, about 84 pages, it in no way skimps on anything. At no time did I feel it was rushed, or important aspects glossed over in creating the atmosphere which ultimately bring Brandon and Arden together. It was a very satisfying read all around and I am anxious to begin "Blood Avenged".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Dreams Revamped.