Stephanie's Reviews > Just For Fun

Just For Fun by Erin Nicholas

Aug 15, 12

bookshelves: favorites, read-in-2012
Read from July 22 to 25, 2012

Loved Just For Fun! The Bradfords series by Erin Nicholas just keeps getting better and it was already amazing. Dooley had me in chapter one.

Dooley is the primary caregiver for his dad. Wow! I already liked Dooley, but after reading that he takes care of his dad at the expensive of falling in love, I was a goner for him. This fact added to the Dooley I already liked from the previous books in this series. Now I understand why he appears so laid back and easygoing. He doesn't want a romance to take away from his dad and he's fine with that. Let me just say wow again. As someone who's taken care of a parent, I really admire this trait in Dooley.

Just For Fun is the perfect title because Morgan and Dooley get together just for fun. No commitments. No expectations. Just fun. Of course, the fun for the readers is how it turns into so much more than fun for both of them.

I completely understand what motives Dooley at the same time I understand Morgan's motivations. Dooley wants to be there for his dad and not spend money. He's tight with money because of his past. Morgan wants the stability of money and to make more than enough to share with those she loves because of her childhood. Now she has the opportunity for a job in California where she would make even more money, which is a huge temptation for her. Dooley won't leave his dad and family. So even though Dooley and Morgan are in love, they have to come to terms with what they want and how that will effect their relationship.

The guys (Kevin, Sam, Mac, and Ben) add to the story. The advice they give Dooley for how to handle Morgan to the way they help Dooley figure out his relationship with Morgan is fun, humorous, and great to read. The references to the movie Pretty Woman are priceless. The friendships leap off the page. I feel like I know the characters and just reading what they say I know who said it.

A recommended read for any reader looking for a sexy, contemporary romance that’s full of laughs, love, and an incredibly sexy hero who reads romance books.

5 Stars - A Must Read

Note: I received an ARC of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just For Fun.