Adam's Reviews > Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life

Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn

Sep 30, 12

bookshelves: health, non-fiction, philosophy

So very, very good! Each short passage offers mountains to consider, whether a meditator or not. I couldn't resist giving it to a friend even before I could finish it completely. But it's the kind of book that once done, I can see turning right back around to read again, one bite at a time, having the patience to digest each thought slowly. A joy, a guide to life!

--------------------------------------

"Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and nonjudgementally. This kind of attention nurtures greater awareness, clarity, and acceptance of present-moment reality. It wakes us up to the fact that our lives unfold only in moments. If we are not fully present for many of those moments, we may not only miss what is most valuable in our lives but also fail to realize the richness and the depth of our possibilities for growth and transformation."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wherever You Go, There You Are.

08/09/2012 page 55
08/17/2012 "80"
08/21/2012 page 103
34.0% ""Awareness is not the same as thought. It lies beyond thinking ... Awareness is more like a vessel which can hold and contain our thinking, helping us to see and know our thoughts as thoughts rather than getting caught up in them as reality.""
show 6 hidden updates…