Lissibith's Reviews > Redemption in Indigo

Redemption in Indigo by Karen Lord

F 50x66
Sep 29, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites, paranormal, novel
Read from September 24 to 29, 2012

What a lovely book this is.

Told in a storyteller style, which I love, with a strong female main character who doesn't feel the need to be physically intimidating, which I also love, this had a mythological feel to it that gave it both wide and close scope, if that makes sense.

Paama is looking to get away from her glutton of a husband and heads home. Unknown to her, her tendencies that allow her to positively touch those around her have also made some otherworldly beings have their eye on her. In her search just to find happiness for her and her family, she's taken far from all she's even known and made to confront realities she never thought she'd have to deal with.

The story is so quick and so wonderfully humorous. There's a great tone to the whole thing, and I love that so much of what happens doesn't have a solidly black and white way to understand it. It's well worth the time to read - I would recommend this story to anyone :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redemption in Indigo.

09/24/2012 page 50
25.0% "I think I may be in love with this story. The style, the humor, our heroine Paama..."
09/26/2012 page 97
48.0% "The humor in the writing in this book has really captivated me"

message 1: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam Can't wait to hear what you think on this one. I have it on my Kindle, but I haven't had the chance to tackle it!