Belindachaplin's Reviews > Fearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved Him

Fearless by Eric Blehm

U 50x66
Jul 15, 12

Read in July, 2012

"Fearless" by Eric Blehm is the true story of Navy Seal Adam Brown who was killed in Afghanistan in 2010 leaving behind a wife and 2 children. It is a story that not only shows his whole life with no holds barred, but also encourages us to live our own lives fearlessly. He was a Christian and lived out his faith - showing us how to be warriors in the true sense.

Even though I expected to be moved by the book (he does die, and you know that going in), I didn't realise the journey it would take me on. Adam's story drew me in and shook me up and threw me out wanting to be a better person and to live life to the full. He was constantly challenging himself to be better and was the epitome of what living fearlessly means.

I don't want to throw out too many spoilers to the story, but I think that it needs to be mentioned that he became a part of Seal Team 6 (on the highest tier of the US military - the top 1% as they say), with only his left eye and left hand functioning. He managed to overcome injuries to himself and still be able to function at that top level - that is just too amazing, and only through God was that possible. Look at the Fox Memorial Day video to him which explains a bit more about this aspect of his life.

I wish the story didn't have to end with his passing. I wish he was still here with his wife and two children to see them growing up. But then on the other hand, if he hadn't died this book would probably not have been written, and if the impact it has had in my life is any indication, I believe it will influence a lot of people for the good. And may that be a comfort to his family and friends...

I received this book free through the "Bloggingforbooks.com" website, but the opinion is entirely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearless.