Jamie's Reviews > The Homeland Directive

The Homeland Directive by Robert Venditti

Jul 15, 12

bookshelves: comics

The Homeland Directive is a good read. It's got good pacing and doesn't feel overly drawn out. If anything, it may have benefitted from slowing down a smidgen to provide a better background on some of the characters, especially the "rogue agents" who get very little exposition as to their origin and connection to each other. In favor of moving the story along, depth is set aside. There are elements of typical "conspiracy theories" here, but they don't make the story overly formulaic. The conspiracy has an interesting premise (make it harder for terrorists to operate), but at one point in the story the fugitives (the good guys?) do something (or I should say are given something) that it occurs to me every terrorist cell would do to get around "the plan", making it more of an inconvenience than an actual deterrent. But overall these are minor quibbles and I did enjoy the story and even had a few "oh, that was clever" moments along the way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Homeland Directive.