Kathy's Reviews > Reality Check

Reality Check by Karen Tuft

I know I probably shouldn’t but I love the Bachelor/Bachelorette reality show. I use the term “reality” lightly, since I doubt much of it is actually real. When my husband was going through school we got hooked watching the Bachelor together and it’s kind of turned into a fun date night for us. So, I probably just like spending the time with my hubby more than the show itself, although the contestants usually provide some fun entertainment. I’ve only read one other book that was based on a reality dating premise (Count Down to Love), but I’m quickly finding I like the genre quite a bit. It’s fun to see a bit of what goes on behind the scenes and at least in books there is the HEA that we don’t always get from the TV shows.

Reality Check was a fun read, I really enjoyed it. Lucy was a very likable heroine. She was nice, witty and had good morals. I think that is one of the things I liked most about her. She had a strong testimony and was able to share her beliefs without being judgmental or preachy. I thought she was easy to relate to. Our bachelor, Ethan, was also pretty likable. I had a hard time getting a read on him at first. While I think they had good chemistry together, I did feel like they were missing something. Maybe I just wanted to see them together more on the dates and have a few more interactions. I just thought their feelings grew rather fast considering they really hadn’t spent that much time together. It felt like it was based more on observations during group settings than actual time together. Although their times together were nice. Lucy is LDS and Ethan knows very little about the Mormon faith, so I thought that aspect of the story was interesting. Being an active LDS member myself I could really relate with Lucy and her unexpected feelings for Ethan. I liked Ethan’s conversion story and that while Lucy introduced him to the gospel, he really took it upon himself to find out about the Church and gain his own testimony.

Overall, a very fun read. I liked it a lot and look forward to reading more by Karen Tuft.

Content: Clean.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reality Check.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Katie Watkins Wow, you flew through that!! Let me know if you find any other reality type books and I'll do the same.

Kathy :D it was hard to put down! I'll keep my eyes open, it's a fun genre!

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Was this a kindle book??? Lol!

Kathy Yup, it was. It's not available for loan though, maybe because it's so new? I think you'd like it though!