Erika's Reviews > And Then There Were None

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

Apr 23, 2013

liked it
bookshelves: mystery-and-thriller, adult, ebook, solo-books-read, watched-movie
Read from October 29 to 31, 2012

ETA (04/23/13): After reading some other mysteries, I feel like there weren't really any clues to solve the mystery in this book, and I'm not talking exactly about the who, but about the how. That's cheating. It's not a super great mystery well done that fools everybody. So, I'm gonna leave my rating at 2.5 stars.

________

This was a thrilling book, entertaining enough to keep me reading from beginning to end in one day, even when I was at work!! And it kept me guessing all the way through.

The plot is basically as follows: Ten people are reunited at an island by a guy named Owen, they were all contacted by mail and had no idea who this Owen guy is.

Suddenly two deaths occur who are confirmed not to be a suicide or accident but rather a murder. The eight people start wondering about what is happening. They figure out the killer must be one of them.

It was really interesting to see how this people were trying to cope with the situation knowing that one person among them was the killer. Also, how they were starting to get mental about it.

I liked it, the ending was totally unexpected.

I suspected who the killer was from the very beginning, but a turn of events made me change my opinion and I was very confused during all the reading.

Then it turned out I was right, but I still had no idea how it happened, so I really appreciated the clever epilogue.

Definitely will come back to Agatha Christie when I'm in a mystery-thriller mood.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Then There Were None.

message 1: by Morzina (new)

Morzina Huq If you read the whole book, you would know that Justice Wargrave was the killer.