Jeremiah Graves's Reviews > Sex, Lies, and Headlocks: The Real Story of Vince McMahon and the World Wrestling Federation

Sex, Lies, and Headlocks by Shaun Assael

Jul 14, 12

bookshelves: wrasslin, 2012
Read from July 09 to 13, 2012

This was a pretty good book, lots of facts and background information, but short of some of the revelations about Vince's personal life prior to the '80s it didn't have anything that was really new or groundbreaking to me. It was a big re-hash of most of the information that is pretty much old hat for wrestling fans; from Vince's expansion of WWF, to the steroid trials, to the Monday Night Wars, it was all just another version of the same story. Entertaining, because the source materials is very entertaining, but just the same old story with a new voice.

The biggest issue for me was that the author got some pretty simple facts wrong throughout the book and I feel like you can't get that stuff wrong, especially when you're trying to write an expose, if you want to keep your credibility. If I remembered the accurate information without having to look it up, it means that it shouldn't have taken a legit fact-checker more than a few seconds to catch the errors. Inexcusable.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sex, Lies, and Headlocks.