JJ's Reviews > Our Mutual Friend

Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens

Jul 15, 12

This is maybe the best book I've ever read. I wonder if I have aleady said that about a lot of the few of my books that I have already put on this website. I just joined and I am just going through my humungous bookshelves. I love true-crime books, which this one isn't really but sort of is. I don't know how there could be better writing anywhere, except that I am a gigantic fan of Charles Dickens already. It's very possible that this is my favorite Charles Dickens book. There is just so much going on, all fascinating. There are so many characters that are beyond interesting. Just like all Charles Dickens books, there are characters to root for and characters to root against, although I guess that is too simple of a way to put it. I read this book about twice a year but this time it's only been three months! Not many books are so well-written and have so much action and are predictable but not predictable at all and that are like having someone reading just to you but on paper. Wouldn't it be great if Charles Dickens was - maybe i'm supposed to say were-still alive and he could read this book into an audiobook! Actually wouldn't it be great if he could be alive and write even more books! Oh, oh, oh!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Our Mutual Friend.