Michelle's Reviews > Vampire Vacation

Vampire Vacation by C.J. Ellisson

Jul 20, 12

bookshelves: michelle-mcm-s-2012-reading-list, read-july-2012
Read from July 14 to 19, 2012 — I own a copy

I really need to stop judging books on their cover! When I first saw this book I expected a light hearted, humourous vampire romance and instead I got a slightly darker mystery that could pass as vampire erotica.

Vivian is a powerful vampire who runs an Inn with her human husband Rafe, Vivian is is an alias that she is using to hide her age, past & more importantly - her power level! One of Vivians powers is that of manipulation which she tends to use in a sexual way to provide the guests with a good time. With one touch she can discover the hidden desires of others then she manipulates them by setting up scenarios or sending them visions to help these desires be fulfilled. It's certainly a new idea! At the beginning of the book there is a dead body found in one of the rooms and this provides us with our mystery portion of the plot, I enjoyed this and I'm looking forward to the next book more. I have a feeling it will be even better than this one :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Vacation.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Christine I'm glad you enjoyed this book, I also liked it quite a bit. I was eager to move on and actually enjoyed 2 and 3 even more. They are actually written from different character points of view which was very fun, had never seen that used in another book. Hope you enjoy them also. :)

Michelle I think I will, I like CJ's writing style. I'm glad you enjoyed them :)