Natasha Chowdory's Reviews > The Last Guardian

The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer

Jul 14, 12

Read in July, 2012

Excellent. Colfer has razor sharp wit which is what makes these books so brilliant. I'll be real if I ever have kids I tempted to call one Artemis just because or Beckett like his little brother, that's my level of appreciation for this series. On to the book itself. Instead of finishing in a climax the book starts with one, CRISIS. Which I really enjoyed and it set the tone for the book - in that there aren't wasted moment, everything that happens, happens and it all flows seamlessly together. I also love the attention to detail with the scientific-type things and also, how everything comes full circle with us finally realising finding out the link between the Fowl's and fairy-kind. i've been with Artemis since the beginning and the way his character has been written is so...brilliant in that you feel like you're a part of his development into who he is now. In short this was a brilliant conclusion to wonderful series. I hope this doesn't get made into a film purely because the Artemis has been written so well that no one IRL could match it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Guardian.