Melysah Bunting's Reviews > Bone Wires

Bone Wires by Michael Shean

Jul 23, 12

Read from July 14 to 20, 2012

Bone Wires by Michael Shean is not your average mystery/crime novel. It's set in futuristic Seattle. And it's crazier than you could ever imagine.

In the future technology is king and consumerism is queen. And there's a place called Wonderland. Daniel Gray works for the local private company called Civil Protection. He is a detective in Homicide Solutions. And he is trying to move up in the ranks. All he needs is a big case. They say watch what you wish for.

A number of killings take place. But these aren't your average murders. Someone is stealing spines. And that's not the only strange thing that's going on.

It's a world of enhancement implants to make you bigger and faster and scarier. Fashion is extreme. There's all kinds of gadgets. It's an addiction really.

There's two ends of the spectrum. You fall deeply into the lives of the characters. And then there's the nasty details of it all. It's the same feeling I get when I read Stephen King. It's so bad. But I can't look away. Shean reaches into the recesses of our soul to stroke the darkness within. Heinously enchanting. Breathtakingly gruesome. Spinetingling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bone Wires.

07/14/2012 page 27