Regina's Reviews > Mrs. Kennedy and Me: An Intimate Memoir

Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill

Jul 19, 12

Read from July 14 to 19, 2012

This was a very fascinating book that gave me a glimpse into a piece of history that happened before my time. However, I don't think I took away from it what was intended by the author. I found Mrs. Kennedy (and the entire Kennedy administration) to be completely self-serving, totally oblivious to the needs of anyone besides themselves, and spending money like a bunch of drunken sailors. Money, that was undoubtedly the tax-payers. NOT theirs. I've never understood the rabid fascination with this particular administration. From everything I just learned (from the man who was closest to them during those 3 years), it was a typical Democratic administration. Rich elitists who were completely out of touch with the people they are supposed to be serving and narcissistic to boot! Their marriage was a sham, family life a joke, and from what I kind see this woman did virtually nothing of value in her time as a First Lady. Almost sounds like someone else we know who is currently occupying the White House.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mrs. Kennedy and Me.