Thee_ron_clark's Reviews > The Eyes of the Dragon

The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King

Jul 14, 12

Read in July, 2012

The Eyes of the Dragon is a novel set in a fantasy realm of magic, mythical creatures, kings, and knights.

A drunk and slovenly king rules the kingdom of Delain with the aid of a trusted magician. Said magician should not be trusted as he is none other than Flagg (The Stand, Dark Tower, etc., etc.). Flagg finds himself struggling to continue to corrupt the king due to the queen's kind wisdom. Flagg also sees a problem with the oldest prince, who appears to have the makings of a great and noble king.

Why does Flagg want to corrupt the king and cause harm to Delain? He's Flagg. Does he need a reason.

Anyway, the king dies and Flagg makes moves to place the prince of his choice on the throne in order to bring Delain to its knees.

It's fairly standard as far as fantasy stories go. I must admit that the creativity in the dragon that appears in the story did entertain me. The rest of my entertainment came from the cross-overs with other King stories that I enjoyed more than this one.

Although some innovative ideas were produced, they really weren't numerous enough to make this anything outside of a decent read. King completists and fantasy lovers might want to pick this up. Everyone else should find something better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eyes of the Dragon.