Melanie's Reviews > Don't Put Headphones on the Cat and Other Life Lessons

Don't Put Headphones on the Cat and Other Life Lessons by Rose Godfrey

Jul 14, 2012

bookshelves: homeschooling, encouraging, essay, humor, mothering
Read in July, 2012

When Rose contacted me about her new book I said YES! I would love to review it. I simply loved Pig in the Pantry and was already excited about her next book just after reading the title. We homeschoolers need to stick together!!

More than just essays to read, Rose adds a question at the end of each entry to get you thinking about your own experiences. Thought provoking and unique, these stories in her own life with conjure up memories and situations in yours that may need a new perspective. I love how Rose can write one story that will have you laughing out loud and remembering funny situations in your own life. She then can write a more serious story that leaves a tear in your eye. What she writes does affect your emotions, now that is a gifted author!

Short essays for busy moms. Easy to pick up the book and read one or two before your tiny break is over, yet you will come away with inspiration and thoughts to contemplate. I love that about Rose's books!! She has a knack for making difficult situations look easier. Her humor and relationship with God has blessed her with the ability to create a fantastic book in Don't Put Headphones on the Cat!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Put Headphones on the Cat and Other Life Lessons.

message 1: by Rose (new) - added it

Rose Godfrey Thanks, Melanie! I am glad you enjoyed the book. And the cat.....well, he feels a little better now too, knowing that his suffering was not completely in vain. :)