Don Bradshaw's Reviews > Fighting for Hope

Jul 17, 12

bookshelves: damaged-individuad, gay-romance, opposites
Read from July 16 to 17, 2012

Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

I read this book because I had read The Florist and felt that I owed Ms Yates another try. Also the publishing company asked for a review. I'm very glad that I grabbed this wonderful slow burn romance story. Grayson Burrows and James Pearson are both doctors at Oxford but come at medicine from two very different angles and with two very different personalities. Grayson is a tender hearted man who believes in the holistic approach to treating patients. James is all right brain logic who sees patients only as an illness to be treated. A large parcel of land has been gifted to Oxford and the appropriations committee is going over five different proposals as to what kind of medical facility to build. James is proposing that a theoretical research center be built while Grayson is proposing a children's hospital. Left brain and right brain have been physically attracted to each other since the day they first met but both men have a difficult time making the first move. James and Grayson get past their shyness but then everything gets complicated by their competition for the land grant and they just don't understand each other on a personal level and wind up angry and hurt more than touching and kissing. I loved the way Ms Yates set up the tension in these two wonderfully written main characters. It was almost comical at some points the way these two opposites misunderstood one another. I could feel the ache in each man's heart and wanted to shake them when I wasn't shaking my own head at them. Danny and Robert ere great as each man's best friend and confidant and their voice of common sense helped to give the story its HEA. Getting two opposite men who hurt easily together was no cake walk. As I said earlier, this story is a slow burn romance story so if you are in a rush this book is not for you. I heartily recommend this touching story to anyone who is willing to invest some time in two very confused lovers as you'll be well rewarded.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fighting for Hope.

07/17/2012