Lori's Reviews > The Fifth Sacred Thing

The Fifth Sacred Thing by Starhawk

Apr 17, 2008

Recommended for: lovers of peace and goodness

Ever thought about tearing up the concrete and turning our streets into living gardens?
How about having seven old women running things by dreaming answers from a retreat up on the hill by Stow Lake (at 8th ave in GG Park)?
How about the prospect of running out of a little thing called water? Or having to blow up the bridges to stop the south from invading us for our water?
All these things happen and SO MUCH MORE in this thrilling tale of the rebirth of San Francisco, in an apocalyptic world of tomorrow. This should be reading 101 for all the youth of today.
The writer, Star Hawk, is widely known as a pagan and a mystic the Bay Area. For years she has run the Circle Dance and other pagan gatherings, i assume with the end appeal of promoting love & goodness... two things i greatly admire. I don't really go because i have a dark half that doesn't like that many people gathered in one small place... trust issues, i guess. But I have seen her vaguely, but i feel her not so modest ambitions speaking directly in my ear in this beautifully inspiring tale of a peaceful resistance amongst the chaos that is still to come.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fifth Sacred Thing.