Trevor Craig's Reviews > Can't Hang Out... Gotta Build a Ship: Unleashing Your Inner Nephi

Can't Hang Out... Gotta Build a Ship by Shane Barker

Jul 14, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read on July 14, 2012

Let me begin by saying, I won this as a first reads and knew nothing about the book prior to entering. After reading what it was about, I'll admit, I was very hesitant to even begin reading. I'd also like to add, I am not a mormon, which immediately turned me off of this book. On top of that, it's directed towards children.

However, I gave it a chance, and tried to be unbiased in my opinion. Upon reading it, I noticed almost every chapter repeating itself. The same stories keep being retold, and the same points reiterated. On top of that, he takes every chance he can to touch on lingo he may believe kids use (i.e, "Waz that mean?"). Not only does this come across very unprofessional, but even children would poke fun at some of the phrasing he uses.

I honestly wouldn't even know who to recommend this to. I really did want to give this a good review, seeing as I'm the first. But I honestly can't.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Hang Out... Gotta Build a Ship.