Amy Lane's Reviews > The Rebuilding Year

The Rebuilding Year by Kaje Harper

Jul 14, 12

This was my very first Kaje Harper book and I enjoyed it immensely. I think she's a master at "two guys, working shit out!" without being overly angsty or overly analytical, and I think these two guys were engaging protagonists. John was just... sweet. He was a family man, in his heart, a quiet artist, a good samaritan. Ryan was a little more extroverted, but also intense and dedicated to setting his life on the path he had planned originally--with one little wrinkle. Both these guys were interesting and accessible, and I loved reading about their "rebuilding year"-- and the way they changed their expectations to accommodate real life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rebuilding Year.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Evaine Yup! I totally agree. And it was my first Kaje too!

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Lane Excellent start, I think! She's so VERY readable!

Aniko Read her short story for Love Is Always Write, Into Deep Waters. Just beautiful.

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Lane Aniko wrote: "Read her short story for Love Is Always Write, Into Deep Waters. Just beautiful."

Okay-- you're the third person to recommend it-- I think I MUST!

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Lane Amy wrote: "Aniko wrote: "Read her short story for Love Is Always Write, Into Deep Waters. Just beautiful."

Okay-- you're the third person to recommend it-- I think I MUST!"

I read it, and it was lovely and beautiful. Amazing story!

Aniko Phew! Lucky you liked it after it was hyped up, lol.

Aniko Phew! Lucky you liked it after it was hyped up, lol.

Neet Amy, you and Kaje are my favorite authors! You both write flesh and blood characters that I can relate to.