Kelly's Reviews > Rebel Heart

251943
Nov 17, 2012

bookshelves: ebooks, free-ebooks, sci-fi, read-in-2012
Read from November 10 to 17, 2012

I can't lie. I'm a fan of Lizzy Ford. Every book of hers that I've read (and I've read many of them) have been intriguing, with characters that drag me into their story and don't let go until the climatic end scene. I am pleased to say that this book was no exception. The world we're thrust into from page one is dark and deadly and things just get darker the more we learn.

I liked Lana and Brady. I liked that they found a rapport before they ever met one another face to face. She trusted him. He liked her sweetness. Then things happen and Lana's trust is broken. Good thing she's not one to hold a grudge. I guess when bombs are raining down and people are dying all around you, you need to grab life by the hand and jump into bed with it. Amirite!?!?! Okay. Okay. That's not quite how it happened. Still, she has to figure out who she can trust when she comes into possession of some very important information. Good thing Brady's there for her.

Probably my only complaint (and it's not really a complaint so much as an observation), is that I don't know if I can see Brady stepping out of the fight in the long run. He knows how bad things are. Is he really going to be content to live quietly in the country while his brothers in arms are fighting the good fight? I would love to see a sequel with him dragging his hot bod into the thick of things. Of course, Lana would come with him and work her computer magic on the bad guys. Because that's the way these things work! Okay. So, there's my vote for a sequel.

Right. Liked the book. Want more. That is all.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebel Heart.