Christina Davis's Reviews > The Reason

The Reason by William Sirls

Aug 12, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from August 10 to 12, 2012

I won a copy of this book from this book from Goodreads FirstReads Giveaways. I was also pleasantly surprised when the author included a quick note that let me know he had spent some time in the state where I live. I hope Mr. Sirls got to see some of the amazing things it has to offer.

Now for the book- I think I was under the wrong impression of this story in the beginning. I thought I would be reading a Christian work of fiction that would be a story of the power of belief and faith, and maybe that is true, but by the middle of the book I had fallen in love with the characters and their stories. Then I started to have a few problems. This book is wonderfully written, and the characters are brouight to life, but I didn't like the idea of Jesus pretending to be a construction worker to help people realize they needed to believe. Again this is just a personal dislike, because I did enjoy the authors writing style and detailed descriptions. I would recommend this book to others but I would make sure they understood the FICTION part of the story left me wanting the book to have focused more on the realistic works of God in our lives everyday! I believe without needing to see such a grand display.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reason.