Miss Ruth's Reviews > Shadowland

Jul 14, 12

bookshelves: meg-cabot-books
I own a copy

Seriously.

The Ghost Whisperer meets Buffy meets Twilight.

Meet Susannah Simon. Your former trouble magnet teenaged New Yorker turned Californian fashionista. A sixteen year old who hounds Manolo Blahnik , sees dead people, literally kicks ass and falls head over Jimmy Choo heels over a Hispanic ghost , like, ok, si vous le dites.

She started seeing ghosts when she was two, then when she was six her dad died, she was your regular problem child who got into all kinds of skirmishes because of her ghost busting activities, then when she was sixteen, her mother remarried, relocating her with her new family in sunny, cheery California where the principal of her new school turned out to be another mediator who became her sort of mentor and where she shared her bedroom with a century and a half old Spanish ghost that she ended up having the hots for.

Yes, the whole series was juvenile and was probably the cousin of Meyer’s Twilight, but… Well, I liked reading it. The sixth installation, Twilight (sharing titles much?) actually had me in tears when Suze was in the hospital bawling over Jesse’s soulless body. I don’t know if it was really bawl worthy or I was just too emotionally ridden.

Well, I did like it. Highschoolishly nice.

The Mediator Series:
Shadowland
Ninth Key
Reunion
Darkest Hour
Haunted
Twilight

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowland.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (last edited Mar 06, 2013 02:27PM) (new)

Jenny Schmalbach You do realize that this entire series was written before Meyer's Twilight was even published, right? The last book, Twilight was published in December of 2004, while Meyer's Twilight was published in October of 2005.