Rebecca Graf's Reviews > Love Pour Over Me

Love Pour Over Me by Denise Turney

Jul 14, 2012

liked it

Growing up is not always easy. Life is not always enjoyable. It takes someone strong to rise up and face the challenges. Denise Turney explores this and more in her book, Love Pour Over Me.

This is the story of Raymond who gets through a life of abuse and hardships only to find himself caught into a different kind of difficult situation. His experience at survival will be crucial as he faces his future and his past.

Ms. Turney does a great job of taking the reader into the life of Raymond. This story is not just of an abused child. Ms. Turney brings in hurt, anger, forgiveness, acceptance, and more.

This is not a read to finish in one day. You'll want to take your time and absorb it all. Nothing is written to fill in space. It is important to the character of the story and the development of plot.

Expect to get involved with this book and want more of Ms. Turney's work. It might also be a book to dredge up memories and issues. Many will be able to relate to the characters.

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I am a member of The Virtual Book Tour Cafe' and a copy of this book was provided to me by the author. Although payment may have been received by The Virtual Book Tour Cafe', no payment was received by me in exchange for this review nor was there an obligation to write a positive one. All opinions expressed here are entirely of my own and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, the book's publisher and publicist or the readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Pour Over Me.