Jennifer's Reviews > Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones

Jul 14, 12

Read from July 13 to 14, 2012

This story grabbed from the very beginning. Jenny has a fantastic ability with creating detail and depth of character for all of the main characters, as well as many of the side characters. I couldn't put this down, minus needing to sleep...but immediately started reading again after waking.

The main character, Maggie, has a plan in life. She is executing that plan, and yet something is missing. An unexpected trip home, with lots of circumstances beyond her control....all continue to push her to question what she wants, wants to be about, and wants in life. It's a roller coaster of emotions, choices, memories, and very real questions about life.

I have a sense of being humbled and raw after reading this. I'm still processing, but I do recognize that I live much of my life in fear. I'm thankful for the times that I can learn life lessons from poignant storytelling. (Much of my reading lately doesn't really lend itself to that) And as much as I feared being preached at, I didn't get that taste from this story/author. I must give a shout out to my girl friend who said I must read this. And to Jenny, for providing a voice for this type of journey.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Between You and Me.

07/14/2012 page 176