Jennifer Defoy's Reviews > Crazy Aunt Purl's Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair: The True-Life Misadventures of a 30-Something Who Learned to Knit After He Split

Crazy Aunt Purl's Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair by Laurie Perry

Nov 03, 2008

bookshelves: from-wylie-s-shelf, library, 2008-reads
Read in December, 2008 , read count: 1

I liked this book alot. I thought that the writing was witty. Quite a few times I would start laughing and my dog would perk her ears up and give me that look like "what are you doing?"

Having been through a break-up (not a divorce, but a long-term relationship break-up) I could relate to just about everything that she was saying. And for me being able to relate to the characters is one of my must-have features for a book to be enjoyable. Also being that it was a book about knitting, I knew all of the struggles that she was going through. Not sleeping because you just want to finish one more row (that inevitably turns in to 20 or 50)!

I think that this is a good pick-me up book. If you're down it can make you laugh, which is always a good thing to me. While reading I found myself laughing not so much because she was going through it, but because I have gone through the same things.

I would recommend this book to anyone going through a tough break-up, a knitter, or just someone looking for something amusing to read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Aunt Purl's Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair.

12/14/2008 page 13