Niina's Reviews > Hollywood Ever After

Hollywood Ever After by Sasha Summers

Hollywood Ever After is a beautiful love story of a woman with an abuse past, blooming while spending a birthday weekend in Hollywood with her producer friend and meeting a striking movie heartthrob who ends up being more down to earth than the norm glitz of Hollywood.

The plot was good, contemporary romance with a little suspense twist. The twist being Claire's abusive and controlling ex-husband who doesn't take liking to Claire looking happy and dating Josh and harassing her for it. Also I usually don't like kids in a love story but I actually really liked Claire's kids and how Josh was with them - they weren't the source of drama and I loved it!

The romance was beautiful, Josh and Claire were a great match and even though they started with a bang the story turned sweet and I loved the whole journey they went through to telling each other they loved one another to the ex messing with things. But I loved how secure Josh was and wasn't intimidated by Claire's ex or her past - absolutely loved it.

If it hadn't been for the papz and the premieres totally heartthrob Josh would have been like any other decent guy falling in love. I absolutely love these domestic abuse survivor stories, not so much the victim stories but when the woman is a survivor and meets a really great guy I think makes for a amazing novel.

Can't wait to read Hollywood Holiday the Book Two in the Red Carpet Series coming in December 2012!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hollywood Ever After.