Annie's Reviews > Treacherous Love: The Diary of an Anonymous Teenager

Treacherous Love by Beatrice Sparks

Jan 19, 09

bookshelves: junior-year-2008-09
Read in January, 2009

This book was unlike any of the other books I have read before because this one was a diary of a fourteen year old girl, who talks about her life and how it has changed. It started out with her talking about her best friend and how she felt neglected by her once she has a boyfriend. Then she describes her problems at home, when her father decides to leave her and her mother. Towards the middle and end of the book though, she starts obsessing about her substitute teacher, Mr. J. She talks about how much he inspires her and motivates her. Once she mentioned this, I felt like the diary was weird because it was a relationship between a student and teacher that had a closer connection. Mr. J started writing little notes to her and asking Jennie to be his aid. I feel like this book was overall good because altough it was a true story, the things the girl writes about can be relatable. For example, her relationship with her best friends and the problems the girls faced can happen to other people too. But the part with her relationship with the teacher felt really creepy, in a way, I felt like the teacher was leading her on. I guess I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in reading non-fiction books.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treacherous Love.