Paula Phillips's Reviews > One Breath Away

1969584
Jul 13, 12

Read in July, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Review: One Breath Away - Heather Gudenkauf - June 2012
As soon as I saw the cover of this book and read the blurb, I knew I would fall in love with the book . One of my favourite Edgy content themes to read about in Novels is School Shootings as I find them quite fascinating in a non-sadistic sociopath/ psychopath way. They hold my attention , they are so well written and draw the readers in as it is I find in the last moment of survival and a fight for the fittest when people reveal their true colours. Will they fight and stay for their loved ones , or will they freeze up and freak out ?
One Breath Away by Heather Gundenkauf is a book that those who have read and enjoyed Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult , Save Me by Lisa Scottoline , The Pact by Jodi Picoult, 13 Reasons why by Jay Asher and The Hate List by Jennifer Brown - (all books I have read and loved-well most of them I loved) will really enjoy, they will find that they are unable to put the book in and the story will have them drawn deeper and deeper into the book.
In One Breath Away , Augie and PJ have gone to live with their grandparents whilst their mother Holly gets well soon. The children have been enrolled into school and are slowly making friends, until one day a gunman storms into the school and starts to hold the students in one particular classroom hostage - the classroom of Mrs. Oliver , PJ's classroom. Augie , not one to let her brother die or be alone despite repeated attempts rushes to the classroom only to find her brother being held at gunpoint. Will Augie be able to save PJ ? Is the Killer someone who knows them or is it about something more deeper ? A novel that shows us that when it comes down to the crunch, are you a fight or flight ? Would you be able to save the one person you care most about in the world ?
A heart-wrenching and powerful novel, One Breath Away as the title suggests captures you in one breath and blows you away with it's awesomeness.
A definite Must -Read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Breath Away.