VictoriaSong's Reviews > Keeper of the Lost Cities

Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger

Jul 14, 2013

bookshelves: my-top-favorite-reads-3
Read from July 08 to 14, 2013

No rating -- b/c this book has become my most favorite one yet in 2013. I will tell you why besides the obvious (Shannon Messenger rocks), the world is amazing and although it compares to Harry Potter, it is so much more. Sophie, one of the main characters, I adore her !_! She is someone a child reader or even a young adult reader could look up to and relate too. I loved all the other characters as well (excluding Bronte and a few other bad guys, b/c they are just mean). My suggestion is, go pick up this book and start reading, you will never want to put it down. But I'd say CAUTION : watch out for other readers; they may just steal this book away from your hands & never give it back. Unless you have that hidden special ability to do so ;p

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keeper of the Lost Cities.

07/08/2013 marked as: currently-reading
07/09/2013 page 44
9.0% "Shannon Messenger is such a wonderful author. She keeps amazing me with her amazing books and her creativity. I mean come on people, Elves that have telepathic abilities and telekinesis ?_! MIND BLOWING ;p"
07/10/2013 page 115
23.0% "Oh Sophie, I feel your pain :'("
07/11/2013 page 137
28.0% ""Want to pet Verdi? Grady asked. She really didn't want to get closer to those deadly looking teeth, but she didn't want Grady to think she was a wimp either. So she took a deep breath and steeped close enough to rub the T. rex's cheek with a light touch. Verdi stayed docile, watching Sophie with her unblinking yellow eye. Sophie lost herself in the stare.""
07/12/2013 page 171
35.0% "I'm starting to see a little Harry Potter-esk world in this story, except this one has elves instead of wizards. Instead of having teachers called "professors" they have "mentors". I like this book very much though otherwise. Who doesn't like a little HP in there magical stories ?_!"
07/14/2013 page 488
100.0% "No rating -- b/c this book has become my most favorite one yet in 2013. I will tell you why besides the obvious (Shannon Messenger rocks), the world is amazing and although it compares to Harry Potter, it is so much more. Sophie, one of the main characters, I adore her !_! She is someone a child reader or even a young adult reader would look up to and relate too."
07/14/2013 marked as: read