Kait's Reviews > Living on Less and Liking It More: How to Reduce Your Spending and Increase Your Living

Living on Less and Liking It More by Maxine Hancock

Dec 03, 08

bookshelves: library, non-fiction
Read in December, 2008

This book was pretty good, but it wasn't fantastic. It was a little bit dry, and I skipped some parts, only because it was a lot of the same.

She did relate a story on how one winter they didn't have money for winter boots for the kids. So each of the kids was responsible for praying for God to provide their own boots. I liked this idea because it helps to bolster and grow the children's faith, not just the parents. If we ever are in the situation where we are praying for basic needs, I think I would like to remember to have my kids involved in that process too, as is appropriate for their ages.

I think if I hadn't read any other finance books, I would have found this book a lot more interesting, but as it was, it was a lot of stuff that I had already read before. There's nothing wrong with repetition, but I was in a hurry to get it back to the library so I didn't give it as much attention as I might have.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living on Less and Liking It More.