Steph at Starry Night Book Reviews's Reviews > Frozen Heart

Frozen Heart by Annabelle Blume

Jul 13, 2012

Read from July 25 to September 15, 2012

Set sometime in the future, in a Dystopian setting Frozen Heart will take you on Caessenda’s journey to survive and who knows maybe she might even find love.

Cressenda is what they call an Outlier because she does not live within the rules of the Affinity. Outliers are treated as if they are dangerous threats, so if caught, any Outlier would be put into a work camp. When a routine trip to the Trade Path goes wrong Cressenda meets Beckett, an Affinity Guard, he soon learn of her Missing person status. He should have taken her but he doesn’t. When a snow storm warning goes off Cressenda knows she has to leave and now so she can beat the incoming storm. Beckett knows there is no way she can beat that storm and offers her a place to stay. Will Beckett be true to his word and set Cressenda free after the storm blows over?

I liked about the book is that Annabelle paints a great picture, I loved the plot and how the book is set in an ice age. I thought that part was great it’s so different from the other dystopian books I’ve read.

I think the only thing that I really thought needed work was the story went by so fast at time almost rushed. For a girl who trusts no one she falls for a guy in 3 days but other than that it was a wonderful read and I hope there is more to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frozen Heart.