Scooper Speaks's Reviews > Howl For It

Howl For It by Shelly Laurenston

Jul 13, 12

Read in July, 2012

4.5
Favorite Lines: “Wolves weren’t the only ones who mated for life. Humans could sure as hell do that, too.” (p. 311, ARC)

Like a Wolf with a Bone tells the story of Dee-Ann’s parents. You remember the bitchy, yellow eyed werewolf from book six (Big Bad Beast) of Shelly Laurenston’s Pride series? Dee-Ann’s father, Eggie is a silent and deadly werewolf. Her mother is a talker who makes people comfortable, but always protects her own. Their short love story was funny and sweet. It was everything I expected from a Shelly Laurenston book. The only thing I wished I had more of was Eggie’s future interactions with his father. After you read the story, you’ll understand why I say that. It would have been interesting, but I don’t know what it could have added to the love story.

Wed or Dead gives us a paranormal hunter who is willing to do anything to bag a bad guy. She is even willing to marry the creature if it means one less killer is on the street. She doesn’t expect to fall in love with him though. The hero, Gage, is the leader of a pack of werewolves who is determined to show the hunters who is the real prey. What follows is a game of wills and unexpected betrayals in the ranks of hunters and werewolves. It’s a light, paranormal romantic suspense that reminded me slightly of Mr. and Mrs. Smith since both the hero and heroine were playing the spy without the other knowing.

I was happy with the entire anthology. It’s an unexpected surprise for me since I normally end up disappointed with the short stories anthologies often contain. I got exactly what I expected: paranormal goodness that made me smile. I recommend those who like shifters, romance and smiling pick up Howl for It and settle in for a guaranteed entertaining read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Howl For It.