Katie's Reviews > Captive in the Dark

Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts

Aug 12, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, my-naughty-side-wink-wink, can-t-get-enough, angst-but-so-good
Read in July, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 3

Um. Wow. This book still has me feeling...intrigued. I stumbled upon this book by accident and I'm so very happy that I did. I headed all of the warnings that this book is NOT for the faint-hearted. And, that just piqued my curiosity even more...I was very happily rewarded by the end of this one.

Right from the start, I was pulled into the story line. Caleb is mysterious and so is Kitten. I won't get into the story, but let me just say that I felt so many different emotions with this one. Nerves, nauseousness, giddy, excitement, fear and finally, longing. Once I read the last paragraph, I was longing for the second book!

I finished this book within a day. I couldn't put it down and kept turning the pages. Although, it was graphic and twisted at times, the book had to be to get the point across. Talk about star-crossed lovers (are they lovers?)??? Caleb and Kitten have some serious issues and I can't help but wish for a happy ending, however, I don't see how one could be. ???

I felt bad about enjoying such a graphic book, but realized the story behind the horror is one that is important. People adapt to survive, or they don't survive. It's a unique story and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sorry for rambling on here...obviously, this book still has me on my toes with emotions. A MUST READ!
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captive in the Dark.

Quotes Katie Liked

C.J. Roberts
“He was my tormentor and my solace; the creator of the dark and the light within.”
C.J. Roberts, Captive in the Dark

Jennifer Kyle Great review Katie!

message 2: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Katie...perhaps you should write a book...you just made me buy this on kindle. only $.99!!!!