Kris's Reviews > Grave Memory

Grave Memory by Kalayna Price

2073457
Jul 13, 2012

Read in July, 2012

Another great installment from Kalayna Price. Alex is yet again up against something out of her depth & not just in the work department.

If the last book belonged to Falin, this one is Death's. While the triangle is a common troupe in the UF/Paranormal romance genre...it is a testament to the authors' skill that depending who is on the page my allegiances switch. Last book, I was sure it was Falin..after this book, it has to be Death. I understand that some people might be frustrated with the pacing & the movement here (in particular Falin's issues with the Queen) but I trust the author to see it through. Once of the things that I really like about this triangle is that the boys represent 2 sides of Alex : Death & Fae. This is a rare instance where I think I'd be ok with either option. And that ending! Cliff, meet Hanger.

Aside from the romance, the world building continues to be excellent. alex is growing & discovering even more about her heritage, from none other than daddy dearest too! One of the other things I like is the secrets between Alex & her friends. It just makes it that much more realistic to me that not everyone wants to share every thing all the time. Alex is a flawed character & that is what keeps me coming back for more. I want to see her growth & her journey, even if she has reservations, makes mistakes, & does not see the big picture right away. She's a human (ha!) character.

In addition to the usual supporting players, we are introduced to 2 new characters that have tons of potential: The Mender & Briar.

I enjoyed this installment as much as the last 2 & cannot wait for the next part of Alex's journey.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Memory.